The original articles only in English are accepted for publishing in «Bulletin of the Karaganda University. Chemistry series» journal. Manuscripts should contain the results of research in the field of chemical sciences
Accepted for publication materials that corresponding to the profile of scientific periodicals. They should be current, new and have the scientific and practical significance.
Articles are accepted by the editors through the online system for submitting and reviewing articles, also by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Executive Secretary of the journal Pustolaikina I.A.).
General requirements for manuscripts
Novelty. Authors' material reflecting the results of scientific research should contribute to the development of the field of chemistry in the framework of which this material was prepared. The author's material, which has an educational-methodological orientation, should contain new approaches, methods, and teaching technologies.
Logical presentation. The text of the manuscript should be structured so that readers understand the purpose and objectives, theory and methodology of the study, the results obtained by the author and the contribution of the author to the development of a specific area of scientific knowledge. Materials of educational and methodological nature should contain a justification for the appropriateness of using this development in the educational process, a detailed description of its content, a description of the contribution to the teaching of a particular discipline.
Manuscript completeness. The author’s conclusions should be substantiated and should not be preliminary or contain generalizations reflecting well-known results.
Presentation style. The text of the manuscript should be written in an academic scientific style and set forth in competent English. All borrowed and little-known terms should be clarified. It is recommended to avoid ambiguity of statements and ambiguity in the interpretation of the basic concepts.
The article should contain a short (for generally accepted) or detailed (for methods proposed by the authors) description of the method of statistical processing of experimental data and the results of this processing.
Requirements for the design of articles
The volume of the article, including bibliography, should not exceed 15 pages of text typed on a computer (Microsoft Word editor), the minimum size of the article is 4 pages.
Fields of the manuscript should be: upper and lower - 25 mm, left and right - 20 mm; font - Times New Roman, size - 11 pt; line spacing - single; alignment - in width; indent - 0.8 cm.
Article material is drawn up in accordance with STST 7.5-98 “Journals, collections, information publications. Publishing of published materials. ”
The structure of the article includes the following sections:
• Title: includes a separate line on the left of the UDC index, information about the authors (initials and surname, name of institution or organization, city, country, e-mail of the author responsible for correspondence with the editors), title of the article;
• Abstract: drawn up in accordance with STST 7.9-95 “Abstract and annotation. General requirements". Mandatory annotation components: information content (annotation volume - 180-200 words); originality (novelty of the article); content (the main content of the article and the results of the study); structurelessness; conclusions. The abstract is given in English, Kazakh and Russian;
• Keywords: at least 8 basic terms or short phrases used in the article. Keywords are given in English, Qazaq and Russian;
• Introduction: substantiation of the relevance, degree of development of the topic (a brief review of the scientific literature on the research topic is possible); formulation of the research problem; a description of the object and subject of research, the purpose and objectives of the article; a brief description of its structure.
• Methods and materials (Experimental): a description of the methods and materials used in the study, including methods for collecting, processing, and analyzing data; sample characteristics (in the case of using a sample study);
• Results and Discussion: a description and interpretation of the results with numbers, tables, graphs, figures; The digital data of all direct and indirect measurements, repetition which is practically possible, should be accompanied by evaluation of uncertainty of measurement results in accordance with GOST 34100.1-2017, GOST 34100.3-2017. The results of unique (random) measurements should be characterized taking into account the accuracy of the used instruments. The uncertainty assessment method should be mentioned in the Experimental section and the results of its application included in the Results and Discussion section;
• Conclusions: formulating conclusions based on the results; a comparison of the results with the existing results on this topic; assessment of scientific novelty and practical value of the results.
• Acknowledgments: if there is a source of research funding (grants, state budget programs), information about it is indicated;
• References: a bibliographic list is compiled twice:
- “References” - in the original language of the sources (Kazakh, Russian and other non-English languages) is made out in accordance with STST 7.1-2003 “Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description. General requirements and compilation rules. ” References to sources in a language using the Cyrillic alphabet must be transliterated in Latin letters;
- “References” - in English (compiled in accordance with the international bibliographic standard APA (http://www.bibme.org/citation-guide/APA/book).
The first reference in the text to the literature should have the number , the second - , etc. in order. When referencing a result from a book, its number from the list of references and (separated by semicolons) the page number on which this result is published is indicated. For example: [8; 325]. References to unpublished works are not allowed;
• Information about authors: includes the following elements: first name, middle name and last name; academic rank, academic degree; position or profession; place of work (name of institution or organization, settlement); name of the country (for foreign authors); electronic address (e-mail).
The sections of the article should be consistent with each other, the hypothesis of the study (research question), the research methodology and methodology, the research results and their contribution to the development of the branch of chemistry within which the study was conducted should be clear from the text of the article.
All abbreviations and acronyms, with the exception of obviously well-known, should be deciphered at first use in the text.
Only those formulas that are referenced in the text are numbered in the article.
In tables, figures, formulas, there should be no discrepancies in the designation of symbols, signs. Drawings should be clear, clean, unscanned. Figures and tables in the text should be referenced.
Before sending an article to a journal, it is necessary to carefully check the general spelling of the materials, the correct spelling of the relevant terms and the design of the text of the work and links.
Presenting the text of the work for publication in the journal, the author guarantees the correctness of all information about himself, the absence of plagiarism and other forms of illegal borrowing in the manuscript of the work, the proper design of all borrowings of the text, table.
Attention! Articles formatted in violation of the rules or containing a large number of grammatical and spelling errors, automatic translation into English, will not be accepted by the editors and will be returned to the authors without substantive consideration.
The editors have the right, if necessary, to request additional experimental data (for example, spectra) from the authors.
Regardless of the results of the initial review, the article may be rejected or returned for revision at any stage of the work if gross errors, extensive borrowings or erroneous citations are discovered.